Job Title: Technical Community Coordinator/Facilitator, AWMT (African Wikimedia Technical Community)
Location: Remote (with the ability to be available in-person when needed)
Reports To: Community Manager
The Technical Community Coordinator is responsible for managing members and coordinating the activities of the African Wikimedia Technical Community (AWMT). These activities include but are not limited to facilitating technical sessions/training, offering services and providing support to community members, expanding the community’s reach, and designing programs that address community needs and plights. s. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Wikimedia projects and technologies, as well as experience in managing and growing online developer communities.
- Manage the African Wikimedia Technical Community, including:
- Facilitating technical sessions, both in-person, hybrid, and online.
- Providing support to volunteers, both technical and non-technical.
- Expanding the community through other African countries.
- Work with the Community Manager, the Wikimedia Technical Community, other Wikimedia representatives and Open Foundation West Africa staff to develop and implement strategies for growing and supporting the African Wikimedia Technical Community.
- Monitor and analyse community activity to identify trends and opportunities.
- Develop and execute marketing and outreach plans to promote the African Wikimedia Technical Community.
- Collaborate with other Wikimedia communities to share best practices and resources.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in managing and growing online communities.
- Strong understanding of Wikimedia projects and technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel to in-person events both locally and internationally.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work on a mission-driven project
- Chance to make a real impact on the world
- Opportunity to learn, unlearn and relearn.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
This position will remain open until filled.
August 3, 2023